ILS Centre for Arbitration (ILSCA)
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON ARBITRATION
4th-5th August 2017
ILS Law College, Pune
ILSCA is organizing a two-day International Conference on International Commercial Arbitration on 4th -5th August 2017 at ILS Law College, Pune.
ILS Centre for Arbitration (ILSCA) was established on 3rd December 2016 by the Governing Council of the Indian Law Society with the sole purpose of providing facilities for ad-hoc arbitration and also institutional arbitrations, both in domestic as well as International Commercial Arbitrations. The Centre also has on its agenda amongst various other activities – to hold Conferences, Seminars, and Training programmes for the benefit of students and faculty alike.
The proposed Conference is the first activity under ILSCA for the year 2017. The discussions of the Conference will chiefly emphasize on numerous current issues about International Commercial Arbitration. The Conference seeks to highlight the increasing relevance and impact of arbitration, particularly with regard to international commercial arbitration, in dispute resolution.
DAY -1- Friday – 4th August 2017
- International Arbitration and Domestic Arbitration: The Distinction
- Selecting an Arbitral Seat: Key Considerations
- Evidence in International Arbitration Procedure
DAY-2- Saturday – 5th August 2017
- Role of Courts in International Arbitration
- Abuse of process in International Investment Arbitration
- India as an International Commercial Arbitration Hub-The Challenges
CALL FOR PAPERS:
Faculty and Students of ILS Law College, Pune (4th and 5th Year of BALLB/BSL LLB programme and 2nd and 3rd Year of LLB programme only) are invited to individually author original research articles on any one of the Topics mentioned above. Authors of selected articles will be given an opportunity to be a part of panel for the specific topic in which you choose to write the paper. Selected articles will be published as part of the Conference Handbook. Please note no co-authorship is allowed.
Mode of submission: Authors shall send the abstract of their articles by email to: email@example.com
Further instructions shall be issued post the selection of abstract.
- You are requested to inform your intention to submit a paper and the topic of your choice latest by 2nd July 2017 before 4.00 p.m. Delayed communications will not be entertained.
- Closing date for submission of abstract: 5th July 2017- along with author’s name; class – in which studying currently, e-mail id; mobile number for further contact.
- Selection (on the basis of abstract submitted) will be informed to the selected students: 10th July 2017-by email.
- Closing date for Submission of papers by selected students – 20th July 2017
- Final selection for participating in the deliberations of the Conference will be on the basis of quality of papers and presentation ability.
- Dates for Presentation will be informed to the selected students
Director, ILS Centre for Arbitration
For Further Information, contact:
- Sathya Narayan, Director, ILS Centre for Arbitration
- Student Coordinator: Srishti, 9956344953
For any further queries – firstname.lastname@example.org